A cannabis twist on another Calgary Stampede favourite: mini donuts!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2-4 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Canola oil, for frying
- Cinnamon-sugar, for dipping
- In a large bowl, stir together the yeast and water; set it aside for 5 minutes, until it’s foamy.
- Add the flour, milk, cannabutter, egg and sugar and stir until you have a soft, sticky dough.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat with floured hands until it’s about 1/2-inch thick. Cut out as many rounds as possible with the rim of a shot glass, and poke a hole in each with your finger.
- Heat about 2″ of oil in a deep, heavy saucepan until it’s hot but not smoking.
- Cook donuts, turning occasionally with tongs or a slotted spoon, until puffed and golden brown, about two minutes each.
- Transfer donuts to paper towels to drain, then toss in cinnamon-sugar while still warm.