Every week we show you how to make edibles from your medical marijuana. This week, a recipe for cannabis-infused donuts.
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup Cannabutter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and boiling water. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a warm place for the yeast to activate (foamy).
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar and the salt. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the egg and yeast mixture to the flour mix, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about 5 minutes of mixing.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead for about 5 to 10 minutes—it should Place it back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap, and let rise until it doubles in size (usually an hour).
- Place the dough onto the counter and cut it into 4 pieces. One piece at a time, stretch it into a long rope about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Cut strips about an inch long, ball em up with your hands, and place them on a baking tray or wire rack to wait.Cover the donut holes with a cloth to rise.
- Heat the oil to 375F. Place the donuts into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel or wire rack over a cloth, before glazing them.
- Combine ingredients for glaze. Dunk cooked donuts in warm glaze and place on paper towel or wire rack to dry.