Each week we teach you how to make edibles with your medical marijuana. This week, marijuana-infused cinnamon rolls.
- 2 cups CannaMilk (recipe from HempBlog)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup Cannabutter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
- 2-3 disposable aluminum pans
- For the dough, heat the cannamilk, vegetable oil, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat to just below a boil. Set aside and cool to warm. Sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit on the cannamilk for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of the flour. Stir until just combined, then cover with a clean kitchen towel, and set aside in a relatively warm place for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove the towel and add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup flour. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. To assemble the rolls, remove the dough from the pan/bowl. On a floured baking surface, roll the dough into a large rectangle, about 30 x 10 inches. The dough should be rolled very thin.
- To make the filling, pour 1/2 cup of the melted cannabutter over the surface of the dough. Use your fingers to spread the cannabutter evenly. Generously sprinkle half of the ground cinnamon and 1 cup of the sugar over butter.
- Roll the rectangle tightly towards you. Use both hands and work slowly, being careful to keep the roll tight.
- Pour a couple of teaspoons of melted butter (use regular butter if you like for this step) into disposable foil cake pans and swirl to coat. Place the sliced rolls in the pans, being careful not to overcrowd. Bake for 22 – 27 minutes (until brown).
- Remove pans from the oven. Immediately drizzle icing over the top.