Every week we show you how to make edibles from your medical marijuana, and today we’re featuring medicated butternut squash soup, perfect for the first day of fall!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp unmedicated unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp cannabutter
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks, and set aside.
- In large stock pot melt unmedicated butter and vegetable oil.
- Add diced onion, red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. This will take around 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock to the pot, bring to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Last add cannabutter and gently stir for 4 minutes ensuring even distribution.
*Recipe courtesy of FastCoExist